Well, I wasn’t really expecting to add a new guitar to my collection today. I posted the other day I was looking at Les Pauls and Telecasters but I didn’t really plan on getting a new guitar any time soon. But, today was the Four Amigos Guitar Show in San Rafael and I found a guitar and deal I just couldn’t pass up.
I guess it was love at first sight when I saw the 2009 Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul 1957 R7 Korina Goldtop Reissue. This is a limited edition run that is made from Korina wood rather than the normal mahogany. I honestly always expected to buy a sunburst Les Paul if I was ever going to get one.
And they had plenty of nice examples at the guitar show. But, when I saw the Goldtop it was all over.
Gibson ’57 Les Paul Korina Goldtop Reissue Electric Guitar Features:
- Accurate to ’57 specifications in every detail
- CTS pots and bumblebee capacitors
- BurstBucker humbuckers
- Carved maple top
- Korina back
- One-piece korina neck with the ’57 profile and the original extended tenon joint
- Binding on body and neck
- Nickel hardware
- Original ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge
- Trademark antique gold finish
I bought the guitar from Jimmy Wallace Guitars. Check out their website for other great guitars.
Added some new pics here:
- Gibson Les Paul Korina Goldtop 1957 Reissue – Pics
- Gibson Les Paul vs Fender Telecaster
- Gibson ES-175SP
- RIP Les Paul
- Fender Les Paul Model Revealed